UK is one of the largest legal betting markets in the world. As a result, esports betting is gaining momentum. And how wouldn’t it be? The competitive video gaming industry is close to hitting $1 billion in net worth by the end of 2019, and that’s certainly good news. Licensed and endemic operators are all over the place and the UK is truly turning to be an important part in this shift towards wagers on esports events. Today, we bring you the latest esports betting tips, starting with the top-ranked esports betting sites in the table below:
How Esports Betting Bonuses and Free Bets Work
The best esports betting sites out there will all necessarily come with a bonus. But how do any of these work? As a video game fan, you are perhaps not as familiar with the bonus systems that bookmakers use to hook you.
That’s easy. All esports betting bonuses boil down to a few main aspects. In most cases, you need to make a deposit – that is charge your esports betting account. Once you have done this, you can accept a bonus. It usually comes in the form of a match bonus. In other words, if you wager £20 and there is a 100% matched bonus, your account balance will end up being £40.
Sounds good, right? It is, yet, there are a few things to pay attention to, specifically the wagering requirements. There are several wagering requirements that you need to know about, including:
- The playthrough: How many you need to wager your bonus and deposit money. The industry average is around 3x, so £40 would immediately become £120 in total wagers. If a bet flops, you still get that contributed towards your wagering contributions.
- The deadline: Each bonus comes with a specific due date. You need to complete the bonus condition by that time. This is usually done within 30 days.
- The odds: You may not bet on games that are ‘sure winners,’ which will be reflected in the odds. The odds need to be at least 1.5 which is considered a breaking point where you need to have knowledge about a game to predict its outcome successfully.
These are all important parts of the experience and if you intend to take esports betting seriously, you need to pay attention to those. Yet, match bonuses aren’t the only ones.
Esports Free Bets Explanation
Have you heard of free bets? Free bets in esports betting sites require no commitment on your part. These bets are granted upon registration and can be wagered just as a deposit bonus. However, the bonus will again be subject to wagering requirements. There is a possibility that your maximum winnings resulting from a free bet are also capped at around £100.
How to Choose the Best Esports Betting Site
When you are looking for the best esports betting site out there, you will need to consider a few things. First, this is esports, which means you can ask a ton of people. Just type esports betting Reddit and check the results. If you are interested in a specific brand, add that brand’s name to the search query. Generally speaking, you will need to make sure the website meets a few specific and important criteria:
- Licensing – All UK esports betting sites must have a license by the UKGC. If a website targeting the UK doesn’t have the appropriate license, you need to steer clear from it.
- Reputation – Drop by esports betting forums, such as Reddit, and read on what people have to say about each individual site.
- Markets – Before you start, you need to make sure that there are enough games you are interested in to bet on. Check the odds and see how they compare to other websites.
- Bonuses – Bonuses aren’t necessary in esports betting, and they are somewhat less common, but it’s still nice to see them available.
- Support – A great customer support is always needed to smooth out any problems with your esports betting experience. Make sure the bookmaker has a reliable help line.
We took these criteria and created a table of recommended UK friendly esports betting sites to check yourself!
How to Place Your First Bets on Esports
Placing your first esports bet is very easy. You need to follow a few straightforward steps:
- Find an esports betting site you trust
- Make sure they are licensed
- Register and go through the verification process
- Fund your account
- Go to the betting page
- Click on the team you want to support, confirm the sum and submit
Your bet is now placed and you can monitor its progress and status through the betting slip and archive. All esports betting sites in the UK make it very easy for you to enjoy placing wagers on the outcome of esports.